The NSBCTCB recognizes Qualifications, Certifications, and experience from across Canada. If you’re looking to relocate to Nova Scotia and would like to continue your Building Official career, please see below for the steps required and contact the Registrar for questions or to apply for your equivalency.
- Apply to the Alliance of Canadian Building Officials (ACBOA) for your National Certification
- The following two provincial courses are required. You can take each course, or you have the option to challenge the exams;
- Nova Scotia Legal
- Nova Scotia Barrier-Free
- For more information about these courses or about challenging the exams, please contact the NSBOA firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Apply to the Nova Scotia Building Officials Association for Membership
- Apply to the NSBCTCB once you have your ACBOA Certification and your NSBOA Membership and you have completed the required courses.
Contact the Registrar at email@example.com
or call 902 850 6726