The NSBCTCB recognizes Qualifications, Certifications, and experience from across Canada. If you’re looking to relocate to Nova Scotia and would like to continue your Building Official career, please see below for the steps required and contact the Registrar for questions or to apply for your equivalency.
- Apply to the Alliance of Canadian Building Officials (ACBOA) for your National Certification
- Apply to the Nova Scotia Building Officials Association (NSBOA) for Membership.
- Apply to the NSBCTCB once you have your ACBOA Certification and NSBOA Membership.
- The review process takes approximately ten business days upon receiving a complete application.
- The following courses are mandatory and must be completed within one year of an accepted equivalency application:
Nova Scotia Legal
Nova Scotia Barrier-Free
For more information about these courses or challenging exams,
please contact NSBOA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email email@example.com for an out of province equivalency application form.
Contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 902 850 6726