Jack Leedham Bursary
The Jack Leedham Bursary is awarded annually to recognize and acknowledge Jack’s many contributions to the Nova Scotia Building Officials Association and to support the post-secondary education efforts of the children of our regular members. In one capacity or another Jack served as a mentor to every Nova Scotia Building Official for an entire career, his careful and balanced intellect advanced the initiatives of the association. Within a full career at the department of Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations Jack was instrumental in the establishment of the Nova Scotia Building Code Act and Regulations.
Later on, Jack spend almost 20 years working directly with NSBOA members and the development of its goals and professionalism. He oversaw every detail required for the successful delivery of the Professional Studies Program and worked tirelessly alongside members and industry stakeholders to develop the National Occupational Standards and to ensure the education programs met those high standards.As Nova Scotia Building Officials advance their careers they owe significant gratitude to the guidance, leadership and vision of Jack Leedham.
- Applicants’ parents/guardians must be a Regular Member of NSBOA
- Applicant must be pursuing a post-secondary or graduate studies approved program
- Bursary money will be released once confirmation of school registration is received by NSBOA
- One bursary applicant is chosen annually from all eligible applications.
- Applications are not renewable and must be submitted every year.
- Previous awardee will not be added to the next year’s draw unless they are the only applicant
- Awardee will be invited with their parent/guardian to the Fall Conference Dinner where the cheque will be presented.
- Applications must be forwarded to the Project Administrator by April 1st of each year To apply, please download and submit your completed application form and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org